Friday 28 November 2008

The first snow in York


First snow in York, originally uploaded by lhy709.

I quite like the car track on the street.


It was on 23rd of November this year.

I remember Denise, the former chief secretary of our department, told me that usually the first snow in York is around the end of November according to her three decades of habitation in York. However, in my first two years of stay here, the first snows came in early January, I guess, because of Green House effect. I also remember an Icelandic course mate, Harpa, I met in Oslo told me that Iceland did not snow during Christmas in 2006 then you can see how bad it is. (Harpa is a 50ish woman who has two grandchildren in Norway. I quite like to talk to her cus she always brings me different views about things. I remember she was terrified by a painting displayed in the hotel the course was held. That painting was done by a famous Norweign artist. In that painting, you can see a young girl takes a gun and wears a terribly weird smile. I may introduce it later on.)

Then, what's going on?! The place where should snow during Christmas didn't snow and place which is like York does not snow in the beginning of winter?! There must be something wrong, and global warming is the alert which warns us to cherish the only planet we live on.

I wanna share a song with you guys who read this article. This song is called "Cherish" and is composed and performed by the group "Kool & Gang". Because the issuer on YouTube refuse people embed this song, please just click the "Cherish" above to link to YouTube if you guys are interested in. By the way, this song is quite old (published in 1984), so please be well prepared.


By the way, Madonna also published a song in the same name in 1989. Well, I have to confess that I quite fancied of her when I was a junior high school student since my friend and I listened to plenty of English songs during that time. But you know her style and of course the MV is very sexy......albeit I don't know exactly what she tries to cherish. Anyways, do enjoy it.






No comments: