Wednesday 17 December 2008

Farewell, Woolworths


_1010533, originally uploaded by lhy709.

I took this photo in Leeds.


In the early stage of my life in the UK, I bought most of my stuff from Woolworths. Why I like it? 'Cus you can always find the best value things in pretty low prices in this shop. The branch in York was shut down earlier this year. That shocked me a lot cus I didn't know where to buy some daily stuff thereafter. Besides, you can also find some old DVD (or not too old) in good price. For instance, "About A Boy" for £3, "Rain Man" for £1(?!), "The Constant Gardener" for £5 and "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" for £3 and so forth. How was that?


Although the products during the closing down sale are not that cheap as I said, it is the "Closing Down Sale", which means we'll never see Woolworths on the high streets everywhere in the UK!!! Can you imagine that a store which survives for more than a hundred years and we can usually see in the most prosperous areas in every city is going to close "FOR GOOD"!!!


Wish Woolworths rest in peace albeit I still can't believe it.



No comments: